Position: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Full-Time)
Mississauga Christian Academy (MCA) is a vibrant co-educational private Christian school in Mississauga, Ontario, with 165 students in our K-8 program.
Over the past 40 years, we aim to utilize the finest educational resources and attract passionate educators and team members to help us achieve our pursuit of academic excellence and character/leadership development while faithfully sharing the gospel. Our vision is to partner with and support families in preparing their children for success.
MCA is seeking an energetic Full-Time Registrationist/Administrative Assistant . Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position reports to the Interim School Operations Manager and has the following Responsibilities/Duties:
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Salary and benefits for this position will be discussed.
- 1.Arrange program activities and school events.
- 2.Maintain a wide variety of documents/files and records (e.g., student registration data, student health forms, master calendar, records, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established MCA and Peel District School Board Policies.
- 3.Design and upload creative slides for announcements each month of the school year.
- 4.On occasion, may be asked to provide support for the after school program as requested.
- 1.Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parents, students, visitors) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- 2.Maintain updated and accurate attendance records using school systems.
- 3.Provide support for church administrative tasks and communicate with church leadership.
- 4.Schedule, coordinate and communicate with Faculty, Supply Staff, the Accounting Manager, and all necessary stakeholders for Faculty Time-off requests.
- 1.Administer first aid and prescription medication to students (under the direction of a healthcare professional) for the purpose of providing emergency and necessary care in compliance with MCA and Peel District School Board Policies.
- 2.Arrange CPR & First Aid Training for Staff.
Skills and Education:
- 1.High School Diploma or post-secondary education.
- 2.Minimum of 1-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 3.Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and establish procedures.
- 4.A results oriented individual with excellent organizational skills who is a team player.
- 5.High level of customer service and representation of the school to the internal and external parties.
- 6.Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- 7.Ability to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure.
- 8.Able to identify and resolve complex problems or issues that require details investigation.
- 9.Outstanding oral, writing and technical skills.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary education
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and establish procedures
- An understanding of private/independent school operations
- A strong results orientation and drive to reach and exceed individual/organizational goals.
- High level of customer service and representation of the school to the internal and external parties
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure
- Able to identify and resolve complex problems or issues that require detailed investigation
- Outstanding writing and technical skills
- Must be competent with web-based communication and applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of MS Office applications
- Proven ability to contribute positively to a team environment
- Vulnerable sector criminal reference check (within the last six months) or ability to obtain VSCRC as a condition of employment
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C or ability to obtain same as a condition of employment
If you are interested in being a part of MCA’s team, please send your cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Primary/Junior Teacher (OCT)
Mississauga Christian Academy (MCA) is a vibrant co-educational private Christian school in Mississauga, Ontario with over 160 students in our JK-8. MCA is a ministry of the Meadowvale Bible Baptist Church and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International and Edvance Christian School Association. Benefits for this position will be discussed in the interview/onboarding process. If interested in the position please attach a cover letter with your resume.
It is our mission to employ the finest educational resources and personnel to achieve our pursuit of educational excellence and character development while faithfully sharing the gospel. It is our vision to partner with and support families in training their children.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
MCA is seeking an energetic OCT teacher with two years of experience to carry out the professional duties in accordance with the school's policies and in compliance with the Ontario Ministry of Education under the direction of the Principal. The teacher will be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, ability to teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and demonstrate students' success and achievement.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY TASKS
Planning, Teaching and Class Management
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- 1.Use “Growing Success Document” as best practice standard as directed by Principal through internally modified published policy documents;
- 2.Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
- 3.Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- 4.Be aware of and make provision for students who have particular individual needs;
- 5.providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- 6.Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- 7.Using a variety of teaching methods to:
- A.Match approach to content, structure information and use appropriate vocabulary
- B.Use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- C.Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills;
- 8. Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support; liaise with the Principal to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- 1.Assessment, evaluation and reporting practices are based on the Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines.
- 2.Undertake assessment of students and participate in the school’s system reporting to parents.
- 1.Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school's work.
- 2.develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance;
- 1.Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students;
- 2.Mentor, pray and share the gospel with students when appropriate;
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 1.Bachelor Degree in Education, Certified by the Ontario College of Teachers; Christian School Teaching Certificate (Edvance)
- 2.Ability to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and composure
- 3.Outstanding writing and oral communication skills.
- 4.Must be competent with web-based communication and willingness to use new technology.
- 5.Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- 6.Proven ability to contribute positively to a team environment
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND TWO LETTERS OF
RECOMMENDATION TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Mississauga Christian Academy
2720 Gananoque Drive
Mississauga, ON L5N 2R2
PLEASE SPECIFY ON ENVELOPE / IN EMAIL SUBJECT / IN FAX HEADER:Application for: Primary/Junior Teacher